About Me

My photo
Live Oak, Florida, United States
My name is Sherry Millington and I work at the Suwannee River Regional Library, in Live Oak Florida, as the Technical Services Coordinator. My husband Paul and I live at River Watch, our old house on the Suwannee River. We share our lives with 6 dogs, 9 cats, 5 birds, a tank of tropical fish and Charlie the racoon (who lives in the kitchen). On the weekends the new love of our lives, 4 month old grandson Ayden, also joins us. Life is truly amazing on the banks of the Suwannee.

Friday, March 27, 2009

Thing #10

Of course I've heard a lot about Delicious but until this time have not made use of this social bookmarking site. I set up my account without any problems but found that the initial offer to set up the bookmarklets didn't function properly, so I had to go about it another way. The other thing I noticed is that unless you download the Delicious toolbar you don't automatically add any new bookmarks to both places (your browser favorites and Delicious). I generally try to stay away from a lot of extra toolbars so I'll just make do with the bookmarklets. Now that I have a Delicious account and have set up my bookmarks, I'll try to get in the habit of using it to my advantage.
The potential for use with library reference seems unlimited. Every reference desk could at least use Delicious for recommendations of worthwhile sites with good solid information, and I'm sure that there are many other applications that have yet to come to mind.
Look to your right and check out the little Delicious "bookmark me" link. Cute huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment