About Me

My photo
Live Oak, Florida, United States
My name is Sherry Millington and I work at the Suwannee River Regional Library, in Live Oak Florida, as the Technical Services Coordinator. My husband Paul and I live at River Watch, our old house on the Suwannee River. We share our lives with 6 dogs, 9 cats, 5 birds, a tank of tropical fish and Charlie the racoon (who lives in the kitchen). On the weekends the new love of our lives, 4 month old grandson Ayden, also joins us. Life is truly amazing on the banks of the Suwannee.

Monday, March 30, 2009

Thing #11

I guess I'm still stuck in the traditional news venue. When looking at many of these "news" sites I feel like I'm reading the tabloids in the Public checkout line. So many of them, the websites, have a confusing appearance which to me begs the question "Why would I care about a lot of this "stuff" anyway?" As I said, I'm probably behind the curve on this one but I still like the CBS Evening News, The Week magazine and CNN and NPR online and on the radio. To be fair, I found that Newsvine is a site that I might check out from time to time. At least there I didn't feel like I should check the source on most of the items. Sorry to be negative about this Thing but it just isn't my cup of tea.
I think many of these social media sites would fall into the productivity detractor category in a library setting.

No comments:

Post a Comment